THE ORIGINAL ALPINE MTB RALLY
Trans-Provence is a manifestation of what we believe mountain biking is all about; a melting pot of our sport's finest ingredient elements.
In physical terms this means a week-long itinerary of true mountain wilderness, a huge and varied catalogue of awesome gravity-fuelled singletrack from the High Alps to the Mediterranean Sea. It exists since 2009 as a rally-style race which many past participants will tell you is more about the adventure than the time on the clock.
Welcome to our website where you can get a taster for it all, or jump right in by signing up for the next Trans-Provence Guided Tour or Race.
No. of Special Stages: 24
2014 winning time: 02:36:56 (François BAILLY-MAîTRE)
• Airport transfers to the start and from the end of the event.
• A fully signed 6-day itinerary which passes through a huge variety of different landscapes and contains more singletrack than any other 6-day MTB event.
• Detailed route description booklet.
• Groundbreaking multi-timed-stage-per-day format which creates excitement, but equally a friendly and sociable rally-style ambience.
• Vehicle uplifts each morning to the trailhead (intended to maximise the quantity of singletrack we are able to cover daily, not make the route "easier")
• Use of the Mavic® Trans-Provence event standard 1-man tent and thick air mattress
• Use of all campsite facilities at the quality sites at which our nightly camps are located
• Transportation of your kit bag --clothing and bike equipment-- from one camp to the next (i.e. your stuff will be waiting for you when you arrive at camp each afternoon).
• Break-down, transportation and set-up of your tent and air mattress, from one camp to the next (i.e. your tent will already be set up when you arrive at camp each afternoon)
• 3 meals prepared for you each day: breakfast, lunch (+ free-choice feed station salads & snacks) and dinner (with wine) cooked by the best catering team in the MTB holiday/event business
• Post-ride "apéro" food and rehydration on arrival at camp
• Care and attention from professional medical staff, where necessary
• Neutral technical support (+ emergency parts) from a team of pro mechanics, courtesy of MAVIC
• 2016 Trans-Provence event T-shirt
• Final night restaurant meal & evening party, overlooking the Mediterranean coast
• The price does not include flights, bottled/canned drinks or sports massage therapy.
More practical information about our race format and setup can be found on our 2016 FAQ page.